Skip to main content

Why Rose Tico is a Character I Love

Hey Everyone!

      Katie here! I'm sorry it's been so long since I've posted here on the blog or really even on Instagram. Although I got the chance to be on one of my absolute favorite podcasts recently, The Dorky Diva Show!! You can listen to that episode here and if you don't already listen to the show be sure to check it out! Savanna and Brian are wonderful and the show is so fun to listen too!

    Anyways, one of the reasons I haven't been as active on here as I would like to be is because I've just been feeling very uninspired and feeling like I don't belong in some of the circles I'm a part of. One thing that helps me a lot when I'm walking through a hard time is just to listen to a lot of music and read a lot, so of course, I found myself doing that. But it wasn't until today that one character, in particular, stuck out to me. Rose Tico.



    Now, Rose Tico is a very controversial character at the moment. Most people either love her to death or can't stand her. I definitely fall into the loving category. Ever since I saw The Last Jedi I have loved Rose but it took me until now to completely understand why.

    When we first meet Rose in The Last Jedi she has just lost her sister, the most important person in her life, she doesn't even have a high ranking position that gives her plenty of comrades and friends to comfort her.


    No, she is crying alone. She has lost her sister, her friends, and now the Resistance may as well be dying all around her.

    But she is strong enough to keep going, to help plan a way to save the Resistance that has become her family despite the fact she is all but forgotten, Rose Tico, a lowly mechanic is off on an adventure with a hero of the Resistance to save the Resistance.

    Rose doesn't belong in this adventure, but she is here anyway. She is smart enough, strong enough, and tough enough to survive. She has such a kind heart that she can't help but save people and give them hope along the way.



    Even when it looks like things are over, they are trapped in prison, facing execution, or on a crazy course to destroy the First Order's massive weapon she doesn't give up.

    And that is why I love her. She has hope, she is determined, she has a kind heart, she doesn't give up, she is a fighter. she is so much more than just a mechanic, just a resistance fighter, just a woman. Even though she might be a bit strange and have a different perspective, it doesn't matter, because that is what makes her a relatable character. She has flaws and struggles.


    Sometimes when I wonder why it was me who got a media badge for celebration when there were so many other people who had bigger followings that didn't get them, or I wonder why people have decided to interact with me when there are so many better bloggers out there, or I wonder why Savanna and Brian invited me to be on their podcast. Well, now I think about Rose. Rose didn't expect to help save the galaxy, to be on a mission alongside the Finn, or probably to survive during most of her adventure. But she did, because she focused, worked hard, and remained completely herself. And honestly, I can't wait to see what comes next for her character!



    Thank you for reading this and hopefully now that I've gotten a little more inspiration I'll be back to posting a bit more regularly! Who is a character that took you a long time to understand why you connected to? We would love to hear from you! Leave a comment down below, email us here or chat with us on Instagram here!

         May The Force Be With You
~ The Rogue Fangirls ~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Year of Rogue Fangirls!

Hey Everyone!     Katie here! Today marks the one year birthday of The Rogue Fangirls! So to celebrate, I'm going to be talking about two of my favorite moments in (mostly) Star Wars over the past year! Before I get started though, I'd like to thank all of you for your support! Whether you've been here since that first podcast last year or you've discovered Rogue Fangirls recently your support is so important and very much appreciated! Without friends and followers, there wouldn't be any Rogue Fangirls, so I very much appreciate all of you who support us! Star Wars Celebration Alright, you probably guessed it. The biggest moment for me this year was being given a press pass for Star Wars Celebration Chicago and getting to experience that! It was such a wonderful time! While I don't think I'll be able to come to Celebration Anaheim I hope that Celebration Chicago won't be the last one I attend. While people who had attended Celebrations in the p

Intervew with Melissa Thomas (aka Meltyartz)

 Hey everyone! Katie here! We are so sorry for the lack of content lately! Life has been extremely busy (and will only become more so over the holidays!) We will do our absolute best however to make sure we still get some content up! The plan for the coming week is to get at least one video up to talk about the new Resistance  episode and to get our interview with Temi Blaev (The stable boy from TLJ) up on the blog! Right now though, here is our interview with the extremely talented Melissa Thomas! We've talked to her briefly before (During our Artist interviews) but this time we got to chat with her even more!   We've talked to you briefly before. Last time we really just talked about art but I'm sure there is plenty more to talk about! Can you tell us a little bit about your 'style' and how you've developed it? Glad to talk again with you girls! Thank you for inviting me to do this interview. I feel like my style is in this constant motion of evo

Rebels Remembered : Two Years Later

Hello There!  Wow, it's been a while since I've posted on here! I'm excited to share this little podcast episode with you all though, last year I wrote this blog post all about Star Wars Rebels and you can find it here , however, I'm super excited to do a podcast episode this year! You can find it on Itunes, Google Podcasts, and Spotify by searching 'The Rogue Fangirls' or by clicking here ! Enjoy and May The Force Be With You!        ~ Kat ~