Skip to main content

One Year of Rogue Fangirls!

Hey Everyone!

    Katie here! Today marks the one year birthday of The Rogue Fangirls! So to celebrate, I'm going to be talking about two of my favorite moments in (mostly) Star Wars over the past year! Before I get started though, I'd like to thank all of you for your support! Whether you've been here since that first podcast last year or you've discovered Rogue Fangirls recently your support is so important and very much appreciated! Without friends and followers, there wouldn't be any Rogue Fangirls, so I very much appreciate all of you who support us!

Star Wars Celebration

Alright, you probably guessed it. The biggest moment for me this year was being given a press pass for Star Wars Celebration Chicago and getting to experience that! It was such a wonderful time! While I don't think I'll be able to come to Celebration Anaheim I hope that Celebration Chicago won't be the last one I attend.

While people who had attended Celebrations in the past may have found SWCC a bit lacking, I thought it was incredible, I had an amazing time, saw so much, and met so many amazing people!

Savanna and I at the Dorky Diva Meet-up
 While I, unfortunately, won't be able to attend Celebration Anaheim at this time hopefully there will be many more Celebrations in my future!

What about some of the announcements from Celebration Chicago? We learned more about the Mandalorian, got a trailer (and a name) for The Rise of Skywalker, there was a Rebels Remembered panel, We were shown a new trailer and some scenes from The Clone Wars, and so, so much more!

There were so many panels that I would have loved to go see but there simply wasn't enough time for everything. In fact, we had spots in the Episode Nine panel Friday morning, but our train was late so we didn't even get to Chicago until the panel was ending, so while I would have loved to be in that room it was still an adventure standing on the edge of the road with my earbuds in trying to hear what was going on over the wind in Chicago.
I still think this massive Loth-Wolf was one of the coolest photo-ops at Celebration!
But even though we missed or were unable to attend several panels I had an absolutely amazing time and I can't wait to attend another Celebration one day!

The last thing about Celebration that I'd like to touch on is the people. I met so many incredible people while I was there. Some people I had talked to before because of the blog, others I had never met or heard of, but I made so, so many new and wonderful friends in just a few days, and I was able to finally meet other friends in person! All around it was just an incredible and experience that I wouldn't trade for anything!

Disney+

Disney+ is going to have a lot of new shows focusing on some of my favorite characters! While I
think some of the title art for the Marvel shows could use a bit of work that won't stop me from being excited about shows like Loki and Falcon and the Winter Soldier there will also be new Star Wars shows including The Mandalorian and a show about Cassian Andor! Not to mention shows like the Clone Wars and Rebels that aren't new but will be on Disney+ perfect for binging once again. I'm so excited for all the new content we'll be getting and the old content that we'll have easier access to!

There are so many things over the past year that have happened or been announced that I don't have time to cover or talk about them all, but, without this blog, I wouldn't have a space to talk about them at all. So once again I'd just like to thank each of you who have supported Rogue Fangirls over the past year, when Cailey and I started it a year ago I never would have imagined that this is where we would be a year later. I've had so many more opportunities then I would have ever imagined having and I've been able to connect with so many incredible people! I can't wait to see what comes with another year of Rogue Fangirls, hopefully, there will be many more opportunities and many new directions and ideas!


                                                          May The Force Be With You
~ The Rogue Fangirls ~ 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intervew with Melissa Thomas (aka Meltyartz)

 Hey everyone! Katie here! We are so sorry for the lack of content lately! Life has been extremely busy (and will only become more so over the holidays!) We will do our absolute best however to make sure we still get some content up! The plan for the coming week is to get at least one video up to talk about the new Resistance  episode and to get our interview with Temi Blaev (The stable boy from TLJ) up on the blog! Right now though, here is our interview with the extremely talented Melissa Thomas! We've talked to her briefly before (During our Artist interviews) but this time we got to chat with her even more!   We've talked to you briefly before. Last time we really just talked about art but I'm sure there is plenty more to talk about! Can you tell us a little bit about your 'style' and how you've developed it? Glad to talk again with you girls! Thank you for inviting me to do this interview. I feel like my style is in this constant motion of evo

Rebels Remembered : Two Years Later

Hello There!  Wow, it's been a while since I've posted on here! I'm excited to share this little podcast episode with you all though, last year I wrote this blog post all about Star Wars Rebels and you can find it here , however, I'm super excited to do a podcast episode this year! You can find it on Itunes, Google Podcasts, and Spotify by searching 'The Rogue Fangirls' or by clicking here ! Enjoy and May The Force Be With You!        ~ Kat ~