Skip to main content

Star Wars Celebration Day One (Friday)


Hey everyone! Katie here!

    Time to tell you all about yesterday! We are currently waiting in line for the Rebels panel, and since we will be here for so long I figured I'd put up a blog post summarizing yesterday!

    We came on the train yesterday, and unfortunately, it was two hours late and we missed Episode Nine (Rise of Skywalker) panel along with the Skytalkers Podcast panel but we made it to the Schmoedown panel which was so fun! After that, we wondered the convention floor and had a blast exploring different booths and meeting different cosplayers! We saw the Star Wars Mural and so many other cool things! Then we hung around the Star Wars Show stage and stood less than fifteen feet from people like Kelly Marie Tran, J.J. Abrams, and Kathleen Kennady! It was awesome!!

Part of the Beautiful Mural!
                                                                                                               
One of my favorite Legends characters, Revan!!

I finally met Mckenna! (@callmesnips)
A loth-wolf!!

My favorite Space pirate!

Then, I took a photo with some Mandalorian cosplayers and got to live out my fangirl dreams of being the Manda'lor and leading a clan of strong and loyal Mandos!!



Then, while wandering around looking at books and jewelry I met Star Wars Theory! He was so cool and stopped for a moment to chat with us about his Vader Fanfilm (definitely check it out if you haven't watched it yet) 



     Then, later that evening we headed over the Marriot for the Dorky Diva meet-up (Which was a blast!) I met so many amazing cosplayers, bloggers, and podcasters who I had been wanting to meet for so long! AND while waiting for people to arrive I ran into none other than Cat Taber!! She was so kind and we chatted about narrating the "Queen's Shadow" audiobook for a few minutes, it was awesome! Cat is the reason I love Padmé and getting to meet her was just incredible!


I met Allie (AKA super.snips) for the first time there!

Qui-Gon fans unite!

I finally got to meet Charlotte and Caitlin!!

And of course, Savanna!

And of course, I was so excited to get to meet Savanna since she has been so helpful in directing me through breaking into the blogging and podcasting world! She gave me this beautiful HerUniverse Fulcrum jacket and I brought her a rabbit droid I made her! it was such a fun night!!

Day one of Celebration was a blast and I can't wait to do it again today! Were you at Celebration? If So what was your favorite part? Let me know, I'd love to chat with you or meet-up at some point if you'll be here!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Year of Rogue Fangirls!

Hey Everyone!     Katie here! Today marks the one year birthday of The Rogue Fangirls! So to celebrate, I'm going to be talking about two of my favorite moments in (mostly) Star Wars over the past year! Before I get started though, I'd like to thank all of you for your support! Whether you've been here since that first podcast last year or you've discovered Rogue Fangirls recently your support is so important and very much appreciated! Without friends and followers, there wouldn't be any Rogue Fangirls, so I very much appreciate all of you who support us! Star Wars Celebration Alright, you probably guessed it. The biggest moment for me this year was being given a press pass for Star Wars Celebration Chicago and getting to experience that! It was such a wonderful time! While I don't think I'll be able to come to Celebration Anaheim I hope that Celebration Chicago won't be the last one I attend. While people who had attended Celebrations in the p

Intervew with Melissa Thomas (aka Meltyartz)

 Hey everyone! Katie here! We are so sorry for the lack of content lately! Life has been extremely busy (and will only become more so over the holidays!) We will do our absolute best however to make sure we still get some content up! The plan for the coming week is to get at least one video up to talk about the new Resistance  episode and to get our interview with Temi Blaev (The stable boy from TLJ) up on the blog! Right now though, here is our interview with the extremely talented Melissa Thomas! We've talked to her briefly before (During our Artist interviews) but this time we got to chat with her even more!   We've talked to you briefly before. Last time we really just talked about art but I'm sure there is plenty more to talk about! Can you tell us a little bit about your 'style' and how you've developed it? Glad to talk again with you girls! Thank you for inviting me to do this interview. I feel like my style is in this constant motion of evo

Rebels Remembered : Two Years Later

Hello There!  Wow, it's been a while since I've posted on here! I'm excited to share this little podcast episode with you all though, last year I wrote this blog post all about Star Wars Rebels and you can find it here , however, I'm super excited to do a podcast episode this year! You can find it on Itunes, Google Podcasts, and Spotify by searching 'The Rogue Fangirls' or by clicking here ! Enjoy and May The Force Be With You!        ~ Kat ~